Carlie's preschool asked all the moms to come in today. We all sat in a room with refreshments and chatted waiting for the program. She liked picking out what we both wore for the special day.
Carlie's was a give away! Hers' read "My mom is special because she makes me shells with cheese and sauce". She loves pasta! And not just kid pasta but pasta with bell peppers or just basil and parmesan cheese.
She gave me a blue necklace and blue eye shadow so I was a little puzzled. I've never worn blue eye shadow and I only have one necklace, pearls (they're white). And if I ever do try to wear blue eye shadow please tell me that one of you would stop me!
I'm a sucker for singing kids! It was really sweet to have Carlie so excited to show me what she had made. She's been giddy all week. She had hidden something in her book bag for the past few days telling me "don't look in my bag it is a surprise, kay?".
Each child gave a flower in a cup with a future flower (a seed), picture of mother/child taken at the beginning of the year (notice the tan), the portrait and a book of blessings (from the teachers). It was a great way to start the day!

3 comments:
I would definitely stop you from wearing bright blue eyeshadow. I love Carlie's hair and her headband. You two look so cute together. Look how much she has grown this year! Wow! What a special day for you. I absolutely love her drawing and her reason for loving you. What a great post!
Beautiful!!! The picture taken early in the year, is like dejavu - Carlie is a little Shellie. She has grown so much and just gets cuter & cuter, if that's possible.
I am so excited for Thursday! :o)
That is so cute! I love seeing you with your kids, you are so cute!
Post a Comment