Since Emily will be in school until the end of June thanks to the FIVE WEEK STRIKE (I'm still a little bitter) we decided to play hooky. With six other families and their kiddos we headed to Kennywood.
It was a perfect day, sunny but not hot! The kids didn't have to even wait to get on any of the kiddie-rides.


{I told them they had to keep their arms up, they did it on almost every ride}
Then we moved onto the bigger kids rides that my girls were fortunately tall enough to ride. While we were still in Kiddie Land I became the leader of the younger girls. They were fun to run around with from ride to ride. And they were good sports having to take turns being my partner.
They loved it and went on it at least three more times! Then we met up with the other kids in our group.
This was the funniest ride to watch! Every time the ride went off this little bump it bounced the person on the right basically on top of the person they were sitting next to. The kids couldn't stop laughing the entire ride. I wish I had it on video!I should add that the parents were all good sports too. We took turns watching the kids so that the big kids (the parents) could ride the big rides. The dads watched the little ones first so that the moms could have some free time. Then we swapped, just in time for Ryan to join in the dads' fun. At the end of the night it was the moms' turn again. There were four of us rushing to get in every ride we could. I had such a great time! I think we're ready for Cedar Point.



3 comments:
What a fun day!!! I love the pics.
oh my goodness, i miss you! that day looked like so stinkin much fun. jimbo and i keep talking about going to six flags and now i am extra motivated to get there.
your girls are so grown up and so beautiful. jim and i talk about it all the time and i hope to be as good of mother as you are.
miss you shellie, i am glad you are a blogger and i wish i knew about it long ago but i am having fun catching up!
Big Kiss,
Angel
I love that you and a bunch of people played hooky together. My mom often granted us "mental health" days claiming that we were sick "sick of school". We never did anything that fun.
Post a Comment