Every year we go to a Henrie Reunion. This year we went to Williamsburgh, VA . It was great to see the girls listen to people talk and explain things in true period verbage and costume. They were able to tinker in a canoe that had been dug out the week before using oyster shells.
{even if they were in water they wouldn't have gotten far}
On the last day I rented little costumes for the girls. They got to each pick out their favorite color sash and we bought a bonnet. They said they were a bit hot but they liked their dresses.
{I think Emily was saying a prayer, being grateful for not having to live back then!}
{A mom asked if she could take a photo with her boy and the girls. He wasn't impressed!}
They got to water a real garden and learn what it'd be like to be a little girl back then. It was funny to see them try and lift the water bucket! I could barely do it myself.
{photo to follow as soon as my computer cooperates}
It had been a little questionable of whether or not Ryan's dad would be able to come to the reunion. He has been dealing with recovering from surgery and the fatigue of Epstein Barr. The girls were so glad he was there and took advantage of the occasional lift from Pop Pop. He was a good sport in having five little grandkids jockeying for a ride in the hot hot hot humid Virginia heat!
1 comments:
Ooh I'm so sad we didn't get to go! I'm glad it was fun though and that you shared your pictures. I feel awful cause I meant to mail Emily her little AK gift but I still haven't done it. After we didn't make the flight and all hope was lost we went into a serious depression. Okay maybe not that bad but we wer sad. We'll hopfully send it this week. The boys start school this week too. Now they're killing each other must go.
Post a Comment