You never really appreciate your air conditioner just coming on when it's supposed to until it doesn't. On Sunday afternoon Ryan and I noticed it was getting a little stuffy in the house. He checked the thermostat, 78 but it was set at 74. It has been only two nights but we're a bunch of wimps! And I'm a complainer too! I tried everything I could to get someone to install a new AC today. I even told them it was my birthday! So I'm setting my alarm and they're coming at 8:00 am. What? It's summer and my kids sleep in. Wouldn't you sleep in too?
Oh, but this morning Carlie came in our room. I think around 6:00ish. She said "the birds are so loud and they keep waking me up!" Ryan went and closed their window and told the birds to "SHHH!"
Thanks to my friends that are so sweet to offer to feed us and let us stay at their house during the day and soak up all their sweet air conditioned air!
The girls are sleeping on top of their bedding in the lightest pjs they have. Ryan is in the guest bed because he says it is cooler in there. I am sitting here and not sure where I'll end up. We are so pathetic!
guaranteed to have typ-os, run-on sentences, incorrect punctuation's but at least it's all true
_____________________________________________
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Sweatin' with the Oldies
Posted by The Henries at Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Labels: issues
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Mike never wants to leave AK because you don't need AC. It's true, it's so cool here. We were a little cold camping last weekend but we have learned that Camping here is pretty much always cold at night. So we were prepared. So sorry to hear about you delema. My recommendations are go window shopping, go to the movies especially if they do those free ones for kids in the summer and of course the Library is always free. Being hot just makes people cranky. good luck and my you have AC soon
Post a Comment