guaranteed to have typ-os, run-on sentences, incorrect punctuation's but at least it's all true

_____________________________________________

Monday, December 8, 2008

Little Buggers! We've been attacked!

So this is an email I sent to Ryan's family and he told me that I should post it. So here is a little of what happened to my family last week.

OH MAMA were we sick!! Well, and still are battling germs. Saturday night we went to a friend's home to be part of the German tradition of walking with lanterns and singing in your neighborhood. We all but froze but it was fun. The girls had been at a sleep over the night before and their girls weren't feeling well on the walk. They had tummy aches. We came home put the girls to bed and started online Christmas shopping before the free shipping offer expired. At 10:30pm I heard little feet! I asked "who's awake? Hummmm?" Carlie says "it's Carlie, Emily threw up on me!" I run upstairs and yup, Emily is sitting up over the side of her bunk perched to puke all over her unsuspecting little sister. Poor kid gets sick one more time. I clean everything up. I'm not sure if the other Henries are as sensitive to blood, vomit & gross kid stuff as Ryan but poor guy was dry heaving left and right. He even pulled his shirt over his nose. He was really good about getting me the steam v
ac, paper towels, giant garbage bag & carrying it all back down once it was full with Carlie's violated bedding (with his face hiding in his shirt). Emily slept on the couch in our bedroom and the dark stain on the carpet is barely visible-YEAH!
Then I notice that my runny nose that I chalked up to allergies had brought on a sore throat and cough. I was fine all day then after cleaning the girls' room I started to ache. I tried to sleep but couldn't get comfy or stop coughing. At 4:30am I give in a except that I'm sick.
Sunday- Emily and I both turn into cats and sleep basically all day Sunday. Ryan takes Carlie to church for her to give a talk in Primary and comes home to take care of sickly wife & daughter. Emily recovers due to his efforts I'm sure. Did I mention that the stomach bug hit me too?
Monday-I'm still in bed since Saturday night. Ryan, much to his dismay, returns to work. E&C fend for themselves. They get breakfast, make lunch & play on their own all day. They'd pop in to ask me every once in awhile "is there anything you need Mom?" and then scurry back off to play in their room. Ryan brings home Chipotle and says his throat is starting to bother him.
Tuesday- Ryan sluggishly gets out of bed and heads to work. Emily goes to school. Carlie goes to school. I'm still in bed since Saturday but fever has broke & stomach bug has stopped making me get out of bed every 20 minutes. Emily comes home from school with a chapped nose from blowing it all day. Ryan comes home and has also given into the fact that he is sick. Carlie is crazy as usual (with a little cough that she's had for two weeks).
Wednesday- Ryan stays home & sleeps all day to battle the evils. I'm a little sluggish but on the mend even though I spent all day in my pjs. Emily goes to a field trip after being drugged up with echinacea & Golden Seal. Carlie still fine but coughing all the way.
We'll see how Thursday pans out. We're fairly pathetic around here and our house is a mixture of Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas right now. We had a wonderful holiday with our little family though. We took the girls to see Bolt on Friday afternoon before they went to sleep at their friends'. I hope that none of you get attacked by this viscous bug!
Love
Shellie

3 comments:

Paul said...

WOW. Shellie...that sounds so awful girl!! You know we've been sick too...those bugs are EVERYWHERE...and we really aren't a sickly family...I mean, sickos..sure...but not sickly ;-)

I do hope this finds you in good...or at least better health. Its been fun to chat with you in the evenings...but seriously sister...no more 2am quiches...ok?

;-)

The Henries said...

Ok, no more quiches. I'm on to cookies and fudge now anyway!

Angel said...

oh I am so sorry that everyone is sick at your house - I hope you are all better soon!