guaranteed to have typ-os, run-on sentences, incorrect punctuation's but at least it's all true

_____________________________________________

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Off to Virginia

As soon as Carlie's kindergarten show was over we headed to Massanutten in Virginia. We invited our friends the Elmore's to meet up with us for a few days before Christmas. It was great! The kids treated our two condos like one big house.

We took advantage of the historical places nearby and visited the homes of James Monroe and Thomas Jefferson. It was really really cold but so cool to listen to stories about them on the tours. {in front of Monticello}

We also visited Michie Tavern for lunch and a tour. We had fun reading the signs for the buildings outside. {After the girls read this they couldn't stop giggling and saying "I have to pluck a rose".} {They thought it was cute that they had different size holes for different size bums.} {I thought it was odd that they plugged their noses in the Smokehouse and not in the Outhouse! Weird Girls!}

The next day we signed the kids up for a ski school. Ryan and Simon skied on their own until the kids were done and then Ryan took our girls down a few runs. Emily and Carlie loved it so much that we told them we'd take them again (yet to happen). They were surprisingly better than I thought they'd be. Carlie as always the crazy one- I was watching for her class and then I see one kid zipping down the hill. It was Carlie! Her teacher went in front of her to stop her and my heart could beat again.
The day before we left we went to the indoor waterpark. I'm not sure if Ryan or the girls had more fun. I think my favorite was seeing them all ride on the wave simulator. It was so funny to see it throw people up and over this huge hill covered in water. I was shocked that Carlie & Emily stayed on as long as they did. Well, and that they even tried it. I was afraid Ryan was going to lose his trunks trying to do something crazy. Sorry, no pictures.

Then we came back for a movie, yummy treats thanks to Aunt Amy, a story & then a giant sleepover! It was really sweet that the kids all wanted to sleep together. We had a girl sleepover the night before. This time we got the boys in on it.{I couldn't believe that they all crammed on that one bed and no one woke up with a black eye! }
{and it looks like Emily is sucking her thumb, which she has never done before}

When it was time to come home on Christmas Eve morning Carlie was so sad. She wanted to stay so she could ski more and both she and Emily loved swimming in the huge pool sized jacuzzi tub in our room. It helped that I told her when we got home we were making cookies for Santa.

0 comments: