guaranteed to have typ-os, run-on sentences, incorrect punctuation's but at least it's all true
_____________________________________________

{This is our little Bunny Carlie. She loved it. She had to go and swipe a carrot away from the snowman to the left of her.}
So, again Carlie makes us laugh! She came running out from her classroom the other day saying "Mommy, my teacher wants to talk to you, hurry, she wants to talk to you!" If she hadn't been so happy I would have been concerned about her teacher wanting to talk to me. I walk down the hall and Mrs. Balzer (wonderful sweet woman) tells me that she has asked Carlie to be the bunny in the kindergarten performance. This is the winter performance where all the little girls dress up in their fancy dresses and the boys wear ties & slacks. Parents arrive insanely early to jockey a position to video their little ones. I had kept a dress safe for this little performance but now she is going to be a bunny! Her teacher said that she thought Carlie would be responsible enough to do it and she felt that Carlie would be able to follow the directions for the part. I didn't want to question her because I've excepted that my children are taken over by polite aliens when they leave our house. Kidding, I love them! UGH! I'm such a loser mom! I totally wanted to get her dressed up and video her and take pictures. Carlie was really cute about being the bunny and loves animals. I sucked up my dumb feelings and walked out to tell Carlie how excited I was for her. She was beaming talking about it to Emily the entire ride home.
This is actually a blessing. We're leaving directly from the performance for our little trip. I won't have to worry about her being in a fancy dress. She is such a sweet girl and can't wait to be a bunny.
6 comments:
I'm excited for Carlie to be the bunny (since she is excited)but I would feel as you do. I would also prefer a child dress up for Christmas then dress in a bunny suit. She will do great though! :)
Ha ha...well, not what you expected, but its something you probably won't forget either. I'd opt with the latter anyhow. And you had better post bunny pics Missy!!!
Miss ya...
Can't wait to see the bunny pictures. Being the mother of three boys I somehow think I would prefer the bunny outfit. I've realized I'm totally helpless in the realm of fancy things. I wear a ponytail every day. I don't comb my kids hair-hence the short haircuts and Sam usually has a mustache on since I think it's cute and why the heck not. One day he'll get sick of it. You can always have her dress up fancy and take pictures for us all to see. Your girls always look fantastic. She'll be an adorable bunny.
I want to see the bunny pictures.
Hey Shellie! It has been fun "catching up" with your family here! your girls are gorgeous and you seem like such a happy mom. I read that you are on facebook but tried to add you and you weren't there. I'm on there if you want to connect there too!
Where have you gone to woman?! I tagged you on my blog...you'd better get back on the blog circuit ya know ;-)
loves
jolyne
Post a Comment