The girls' school had a carnival tonight. They obviously underestimated the power of the words cotton candy to a child because when we got there the line was wrapped through the school! Seriously! Luckily Ryan had gotten there before us and was way up in front so we cut.
We walk in and we are truly shoulder to shoulder in every direction. It was easier for the girls to navigate I think because they could dodge all the taller people and purses. Anyway, Emily gets in line for face-painting (20 minutes) while Ryan and Carlie head off to the Sno Cone line (10 minutes). After the girls get their hearts with rainbows coming out of it blobbed on their faces we're off to the popcorn line. Now, I say "blobbed" because two people before Emily's turn the lady painting faces leaves and a maybe eleven year old comes to fill in. She was clearly there against her will and not an artist, poor girl! Emily didn't seem to mind.
Now, again we've had Sno Cones, popcorn and oh yeah chicken nuggets so you'd think that we'd leave without the cotton candy-WRONG! I go and get two napkins full of this heavenly fluff that is terrible in every possible way. And I had to get it in napkins because like I said they underestimated how many would come. Here is my BEEF-We're strongly requested to not bring "sweet" treats for birthdays and parties. They want us to bring "healthy" options and I think even gave us a list of choices. Now, there wasn't any Sno Cone on the list I was sent home! I'm not trying to complain about what they were offering I just wish they'd understand that a kid isn't excited about bringing carrot sticks and ranch for a birthday treat. Well, Carlie wanted something weird for her day-I'll have to make another post about that!
guaranteed to have typ-os, run-on sentences, incorrect punctuation's but at least it's all true
_____________________________________________
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Mixed Messages
Posted by The Henries at Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment