Emily and Carlie have tinkered on our piano ever since they could reach the keys. Last summer, after being on a waiting list to get in with the teacher that I wanted, they started taking lessons. They have loved it! Their teacher, Linda Maurhoff, is fabulous! She is so kind, encouraging and patient with the girls. We couldn't ask for a better teacher.{They had their first recital and were able to play on a grand piano. The looked so tiny up there but they did great. }
Mrs. Maurhoff has them memorize their two pieces that they play. This weekend the girls will participate in Festival. They will be judged on their two pieces. As they progress and earn more points each year they can earn trophies. They can't wait!
Both girls have such a love for music. They asked for music paper from Mrs. Maurhoff and have started writing their own songs. It is really cute to watch and listen to them as they create their own tunes.
guaranteed to have typ-os, run-on sentences, incorrect punctuation's but at least it's all true
_____________________________________________
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Girls' First Piano Recital
The only sad thing is that they have both passed my skill level already! So now if Carlie has a question I have her ask Emily (she is a few units ahead). Ryan practices with them and plays the accompanyments to the songs that they're learning. He loves the time he has with them one on one.
Posted by The Henries at Sunday, March 15, 2009
Labels: girls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oooh I may just have to sign my kids up as Mike hasn't gotten the books he talked about to teach our kids. I love that they get a recital too. That looks like so much fun. I bet all these things help give your kids confidence. Jack is very shy and doesn't like to be in front of people and I think sometimes things like this may help him. The girls look beautiful.
I love that last picture that Carlie took - Ryan looks like such a proud dad - wish I could have seen the girls on that grand piano.
Post a Comment