Last night after both of us tucked the girls in and kissed their faces off we decided to listen outside the door. They often like to chat when they think we've walked away. This has to be one of Ryan's favorite things. He will lay down outside their door and listen to their little words. Sometimes it is Emily (upper bunk) telling Carlie (lower bunk) to be quiet but then there are those stellar nights! Ryan called me over to get me to listen. I heard the girls saying "I love you" back and forth and then start spelling it to each other "I-L-O-V-E-Y-O-U". I left thinking maybe I haven't messed them up after all! Ryan came downstairs and said that Carlie started singing to Emily. I gave us both a little high five in my head. Then, tonight happens and I remember why we need to save money for our girls' therapy that they'll need later in life.
After a day of running around our little town to preschool and dance classes Ryan took up putting the girls to bed tonight. Again, he decides to sit outside their door. Carlie remembers she needs to take out her "ponies" (hair elastics) and tells Emily. Emily assures her that she won't get in trouble for getting out of bed and send her to find me to take them out. I'm glad she gave me the benefit of the doubt.
Parents-you all know and love that time of day when your little ones are asleep and the house is oddly calm and peaceful. Well, that is what I was enjoying when this all went down. I should actually say UNTIL this all went down. Now, remember Ryan is outside their door...Little Carlie opens the door and Ryan gets the bright idea to yell "BOO!" at her. She nearly falls over and wets her pants! I run upstairs to find Ryan sitting with Carlie on his lap in their pitch black room. She was crying and I think even shaking. Ryan was desperately apologizing to her "Daddy, is sorry..I didn't mean to scare you...it was just an April Fool's". She was really excited about April Fool's Day this year I'm curious to see what she'll think next year.
guaranteed to have typ-os, run-on sentences, incorrect punctuation's but at least it's all true
_____________________________________________
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
April Fool's Day
Posted by The Henries at Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Well shoot, I think we better be saving up for that therapy too. I'm sure mine'll need it too.
I love hearing stories about the girls. Thanks. Mike thought he'd act like Jack got into trouble yesterday and play a joke on him too. NOT GOOD. Jack started crying too. I think we've got to be careful with our tricks. My boys LOVED playing tricks though. THey just gotta be the right tricks.
So fun to have you blogging.
Post a Comment