guaranteed to have typ-os, run-on sentences, incorrect punctuation's but at least it's all true

_____________________________________________

Friday, April 25, 2008

Flammable Hair!

The girls' dance picture day was yesterday. Which I had taken much less seriously than I should have! I almost didn't even take them because it was on Ryan's birthday. Then a girlfriend said that the school would be probably mad and that the photographer was great. She also told me that the girls all wear make-up, eyeliner and lipstick. Ok, I don't even wear those and now I'm supposed to know how to put it on my kid? Well armed with the only eyeliner I have, (from when Carlie was a rabbit coming out of a hat for Halloween) I did my best. {Above are the girls with Emily's favorite dance friend, Dakota.}

Did I mention I had to schlaque their hair?Their hair was flammable and bulletproof! This is Emily's Tap
These are their ballet costumes. I did five costume changes and can honestly say that it is a good thing my girls aren't pageant girls. Also I must admit that I wouldn't be a good pageant mom! I was sweating trying to remember what color tights and which shoes are for each girl. I really hope he got some cute pictures of them! Here are some I took. I don't have as many pics of Em. I was changing Carlie while her photos were being taken.They really liked their costumes and the fact that they got to wear lip gloss. We went straight to dinner with Ryan afterwards. When we got home they showered off all the hairspray, it took a lot of scrubbing!

5 comments:

simon and amy said...

The girls look so beautiful in their dance costumes! I love having little girls!!!! This post makes me want to sign Bethany up for dance next year instead of gymnastics. She would love it just for the outfits. Now I need to find a good dance studio and probably a job:) You did a great job with their "makeup".

Nana said...

Yup - I actually did it Shell! I signed in (or so I think - hopefully my blog displays :o) )

Oh my goodness - - they are so CUTE!!!! Only one thing missing and that's their Nana. It's really great that you are giving them this very fun memorable chapter in their lives. They will always remember the fun of dressing up - a-a-and Mommy doing their hair & makeup. I'm so excited for my Cranberry fix!!! You're are so right too that I will need to bring a purse full of kleenex as I'm teary eyed just looking at their pictures & reading your story. Looks like Daddy had a pretty neat birthday too!! That story of the girls waking him up on his special day is so cute & funny too.
Love You All,
Proud Nana

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh my gravy, that is serious business!!! i don't think i'm qualified for that sort of thing. note to self: keep maya OUT of dance.

Mary Monster Mary said...

Wow! I have no idea what it's like to do those girly things. I'm not an eyeliner wearer myself. I always worried if I had a girl and had to do hair and make-up. I'm a pony tail head every day. You did a great job though. Fun pictures.

Amber Henrie said...

Following their aunts lead! Love it and they look so beautiful. I especially love Emily's bright pink one!