I don't know why I was shocked when we had two of Emily and Carlie's little friends sleepover that they don't really sleep. They played Dance Dance Revolution Disney, pretended to be fairies, played Barbies, painted nails, giggled, watched Ella Enchanted but sleeping was a small part of it.
After the movie I suggested heading upstairs for bed. They bopped on up. Carlie and her friend Kate got to sleep on a double queen air mattress in the play room. It looks like two giant grey marshmallows smashed together. I asked them if there were giggle bugs in their beds and offered to clean them out for them again. I let Emily and her friend, since they are almost 8, decide when they turned out their light.
I went to my room and decided to go to bed (11:45 pm). I was just about out when I heard what I thought were giggles outside my room. I got up and opened my door, nothing. I walked down the hall to Emily's room and the giggling got louder. I opened the door to find Em and Savannah, on the bottom bunk reading a Junie B. Jones book together and wiping their eyes they were laughing so hard. I asked what was so funny? After composing themselves many times I was finally able to understand what they were saying, "I'm a giant stink hog!". I guess I had to be there? I let them have their silliness and went to bed.
Now, you might think that since these little ladies went to bed after midnight that they'd sleep in-NOPE! They were up at 7:00am and I knew this because I could hear giggling again. Fortunately, they are all sweet girls and they wake up happy.
We ate Saturday Cereals (Pops & Cocoa Puffs), muffins and fruit. Then they asked me to do their hair. They looked so lovely. The girls then put on dresses and pretended they were going to a ball.
I was sad to see this little event ending. I'm grateful for the sweet friends that my girls have been blessed with. Friends that make them laugh and are kind to them. What more could I ask for? Oh, yeah sleep!
guaranteed to have typ-os, run-on sentences, incorrect punctuation's but at least it's all true
_____________________________________________
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Sleepover, I think NOT!
Posted by The Henries at Sunday, April 06, 2008
Labels: girls, sleepovers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You are seriously a fun mom!
Post a Comment