
So we've been here in Pittsburgh for three years and it is starting to show. People here say things like "Are yuh kiddin' me?", "Stullers" and"Didn't I tell yuh?". I think our favorite is "youins", pronounced, "you-ens". They use it as "youins be careful, I will see youins later".
Growing up in southern California I'm
used to hearing people "uptalk". Ending sentences with a higher inflection than they started. Here they end sentences like they are questions. I find myself doing it. There is almost an Irish twist to it. Emily is even starting now too. I'm curious if it will happen to Carlie when she starts school. Ryan is the next to fall.
guaranteed to have typ-os, run-on sentences, incorrect punctuation's but at least it's all true
_____________________________________________
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Didn't I tell yuh?!
Posted by The Henries at Sunday, April 06, 2008
Labels: pittsburgh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment