guaranteed to have typ-os, run-on sentences, incorrect punctuation's but at least it's all true

_____________________________________________

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Namesake

My cousin and his cute wife are having a baby in September. We found out today that there are ten toes and fingers and SHE is doing great! They're going to name her Gabriel Viola. Viola was my grandma's name.

She was one of the most tender, sweet and humble women I've ever met.

I really only knew one grandma growing up. I'm so blessed that she was mine. I miss her.

This little Gabriel is going to have a sweet little angel with her always. This is a precious gift that Al and Nicole have given to our family. I'm grateful they're giving her Grandma's name. We can't wait to spoil her, I mean meet her!



*** This does not give y
ou permission to use any photos of me in my swimsuit! At least not until I look like Nicole does in one.

3 comments:

Mary Monster Mary said...

Viola is a cool name. I really like it. At church the other day my friend heard my middle name Eunice. I didn't like it as a kid for a while but learned to love it at college and since. I also love the person I am named after and think it an honor share the name. My friend smiled at me and I thought she'd say something about my middle name but all she said was "mine's Eugenia" It was fun. Gabreil Viola sounds beautiful. Congrats to your cousin.

simon and amy said...

Is this the cousin who made the cutest cookies in the world? I still remember those.

The Henries said...

No, this is the cousin (male) that won the Strongest Man competition. I've never seen what his cookies look like but he is huge. His wife made the yummiest salad though last summer.